5 Gorgeous Alternatives to the Maroon Bells
Every year, Aspen attracts a large population that travels long distances to see the renowned beauty it has to offer. While the Maroon Bells is a gorgeous site, Aspen and surrounding towns offer many other trails that lead to just as breathtaking views. Check out these 5 gorgeous trail alternatives to the Maroon Bells:
- Hanging Lake – Head down valley and trek the stunning Hanging Lake Trail. Located near Glenwood Springs, this moderate 3.2-mile trail is worth the effort, leading to refreshing waterfalls that spill into a turquoise blue lake.
- American Lake – Leading to an emerald green lake after exploring through Aspen’s ridges and wildflower-filled fields, the American Lake Trail is a great alternative close to Aspen.
- The Grottos – If you’re looking for a picturesque hike that is a bit easier, try the Grottos Trail. Located just outside of Aspen up Independence Pass, this trail is a loop that offers views of ice caves and waterfalls.
- Cathedral Lake – Trek through the scenic groves of Snowmass wilderness up to the gorgeous Cathedral Lake. This dog-friendly trail is a strenuous hike, with breathtaking views from start to finish.
- Mount Sopris Trail – Mount Sopris, located just outside of Carbondale, is one of the tallest peaks in the Roaring Fork Valley. The Mount Sopris Trail has perpetual views throughout the hike and a summit that overlooks the whole valley.
For additional trails and a comprehensive trail index built for everyone looking for adventure outdoors, visit www.aspentrailfinder.com.