Say I Do to Aspen for a Wedding To Remember
ASPEN, Colo. (Jan. 2018) — Weddings in Aspen run the gamut from casual and rustic to elegant and over-the-top. A wedding set amongst Aspen’s natural beauty coupled with the fun of an adventure vacation and numerous activities to keep family and guests entertained days throughout makes for an unforgettable destination wedding.
From celebrating at night (wedding receptions, rehearsal dinners, bachelor or bachelorette parties) to recovering the next day (breakfasts, brunches, luncheons), Aspen’s diverse venues have what you’ll need.
Elegant Options. Aspen’s hotels offer the exquisite facilities and experienced personnel essential to a seamless celebration. One of Aspen’s favorite wedding venues is the Victorian-era Hotel Jerome boasts a a beautiful ballroom in graceful cream tones (www.hoteljerome.com; 970.920.1000). Nestled at the foot of Aspen Mountain, five-star, five-diamond The Little Nell hotel is the place for an Aspen mountaintop or mountain base affair (www.thelittlenell.com; 970.920.6322). The majestic St. Regis Resort, Aspen has the largest ballroom in Aspen, an outdoor courtyard that can be tented and a smaller courtyard surrounded by Aspen trees perfect for a ceremony (stregis.com/aspen; 970.920.3300). For more intimate affairs, the Caribou Club, Aspen’s exclusive private venue, is available for special events (www.caribouclub.com; 970.925.2929).
Mountain Venues. Mountain venues combine the refinement of Aspen with the rugged beauty of the surrounding peaks for an unforgettable wedding. Perched atop Aspen Mountain looking out over Aspen Highlands’ Bowl, the Wedding Deck is accessible by the Silver Queen Gondola, and is designed specifically for wedding ceremonies. After the ceremony, guests can celebrate at The Sundeck restaurant.The lodge atmosphere features high ceilings, rough-hewn timbers, and a wrap-around deck overlooking miles of Rocky Mountain wilderness. In the same building, the elegant Aspen Mountain Club is available for smaller affairs (www.aspensnowmass.com; 970.429.6971). On Buttermilk Mountain, Bumps (at the base) and the Cliffhouse (on top, with breathtaking views) are great options for the outdoorsy couple (970.923.0426). T-Lazy-7 Ranch is set in the gorgeous Maroon Creek Valley and features a Western log lodge and outdoor grounds for parties (www.tlazy7.com; 970.925.4614). And for the ultimate adventure, the Pine Creek Cookhouse combines stunning views of the Ashcroft Valley and Star Peak with gourmet mountain cuisine in an impeccable log cabin setting (www.pinecreekcookhouse.com, 970.925.1044).
Cultural Alternatives. Looking for something different? Bask in the beauty of wildflowers and quiet paths at Theatre Aspen's Hurst Theatre. Both the theater and lobby are available during late spring, summer and fall (www.theatreaspen.corg, 970.925.9313). Or make history at The Wheeler-Stallard House, the large, authentic Victorian house that hosts the Aspen Historical Society and weddings and other events on its shady lawn from July to late September (www.aspenhistory.org; 970.925.3721). The Aspen Meadows Resort is located on the world-famous, Bauhaus-inspired campus of the Aspen Institute and can accommodate groups and weddings of any size, boasting gourmet catering services and sweeping, panoramic views of the surrounding slopes. (www.aspenmeadowsresort.dolce.com; 970.925.4240).
Barefoot in the Park. For an affordable and beautiful wedding venue, reserve one of Aspen’s public parks. All one needs is a written Parks Use Permit, granted by the City of Aspen. (970.920.5120)
Here Comes the Bride (and Groom)
In Aspen, soon-to-be couples have been known to show up on their big day in kayaks, motorcycles, paragliders, and even hot-air balloons.
- Horse Around. There are few things more romantic than an old-fashioned horse-and-carriage ride to and from your wedding through Aspen’s downtown streets. Aspen Carriage Company will customize a ride for the big day. (970.925.3394)
- Rolling Start. Aspen’s bike shops are happy to outfit the bride and groom with wheels, from a romantic tandem cycle, stylish beach cruisers or a four-wheeled, covered buggy – the latter being a great option for the wedding party. Try Aspen Sports (www.aspensports.com; 970.925.6331) or Hub of Aspen (970. 925.7970).
Pre-Nup Primp and Pamper
- Remède Spa at St. Regis Resort, Aspen. The 15,000-square-foot resort spa offers customized treatments and Remède signature treatments incorporating Aspen’s alpine and mineral environment. Remède Spa offers complimentary oxygen in the post-treatment oxygen room, as well as luxurious treats including chilled champagne and truffles. (www.remede.com/aspen; 970.920.6783)
- O2 Aspen. A bamboo-floored yoga and pilates studio in a new location, O2 Aspen offers yoga classes for all levels, and a day spa featuring Chinese herbal medicine, massage, acupuncture facials, and other beauty treatments. (www.02aspen.com; 970.925.4002)
Activities for the Crowd
No matter how adventurous your entourage, they will have the vacation of their lives in Aspen. Here are just a few ways guests can spend their days.
- Golf at one of the area’s world-class courses such as The Aspen Golf Club, ranked as the 21st Best U.S. Municipal Golf Course and the No.1 Municipal Course in Colorado by Golfweek Magazine. (www.aspengolf.com; 970.429.1949)
- Whitewater Rafting on the nearby Colorado, Roaring Fork and Arkansas rivers. Local adventure company Blazing Adventures specializes in a wide array of adventure activities including whitewater rating for individuals or groups. (www.blazingadventures.com; 970.923.4544)
- Hiking a casual nature trail to summiting a “fourteener” (a peak more than 14,000 feet tall). Hire Aspen Center for Environmental Studies guides for only $40 per hour for mellow to difficult hikes (www.aspennature.org) or local outfitter Aspen Expeditions for more adventurous guided trips. (www.aspenexpeditions.com; 970.925.7625)
- Off-Road Excursion in a guided Jeep tour on the backside of Aspen mountain. Enjoy stunning mountains from a comfortable Jeep with Blazing Adventures’ Colorado Jeep Tours. (www.blazingadventures.com; 970.923.4544)
Leave the Details to Aspen’s Party Pros. This town knows how to throw a party, from an extravagant gala to an intimate soirée. So no matter what your hopes are for getting hitched, Aspen’s planners can carry them off without a hitch.
- Bluebird Productions has planned countless perfect nuptials right down to the garnish on the plates (www.bluebirdaspen.com; 970.948.7757).
- DL Event Planning is experienced in full-service destination event, party and wedding planning that will exceed expectations and ensure flawless events (www.dleventplanning.com; 970.925.4223).
- Marcie Kneiper of Creative Weddings and Celebrations has over thirteen years of experience planning weddings and special events in the Aspen area (creativeweddingsandcelebrations.com; 970.704.1300).
- Whether extravagantly elegant, mountain casual or an enchanting theme, EKS Events will coordinate a flawless event (www.eksevents.com; 970.704.9318).
- Aspen Eventworks plans exquisite events ranging from corporate to private (www.aspeneventworks.com; 970.618.5750).
- Nancy Snell Events is a full-service agency ready to prepare an unforgettable celebration (www.nancysnellevents.com; 970.925.9207).
- Chelsea Dillon and Kate Ryan at Gold Leaf Event Design and Productions provide full-service destination event planning, event marketing and event design (www.goldleafevent.com; 970.379.5432).
For media information and images, visit www.aspenchamber.org/media and contact Promo Communications at
Maureen Poschman • [email protected]
Melissa Wisenbaker • [email protected]
For visitor information, visit www.aspenchamber.org, or call 1.888.290.1324 or 970.925.1940.