Summer, a season not to be missed in Aspen. "I came for the winter, and stayed for the summer," is a phrase you'll hear often around town. The weather is one of the highlights. During the day the temperature hovers in the 70's and 80's, and by evening the mercury will drop into the 60's. The lack of humidity makes Aspen a place you can always have a good hair day. Arts & culture enthusiasts will be just as fulfilled as the adventure junkie during summer in Aspen. The events calendar abounds with activities for everyone, from cultural events to athletic pursuits.
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
Our summer events calendar will keep you busy from Memorial Day to Labor Day and beyond. Check out some of the 2019 Highlights Below.
- The ultimate foodie experience: FOOD & WINE classic in aspen (6/14-6/16)
- Lectures, debates and interviews: Aspen Ideas Festival (6/20-6/29)
- Family favorite & patriotic tribute: Old Fashioned Fourth of July (7/4)
- Original artwork in a beautiful setting: Aspen Arts Festival
- Feel the music: JAS Labor Day Experience (8/30-9/1)
SUMMER TRIP HIGHLIGHTS
There are so many things to experience in Aspen, so we've put together some highlights to make sure you don't miss out on our favorites.
- Ride to the top of Aspen Mountain: Aspen Mountain Gondola
- Enjoy farm to table produce & handcrafted items: Aspen Saturday Market
- Reflect on the Rocky Mountain High: John Denver Sanctuary
- View the most photographed peaks in North America: Maroon Bells
- Recreate on the Continental Divide: Independence Pass
Of course, outside of the bucket list items, we have insider tips for our visitors. Some of our summer blogs might pique your special interest and provide special insight on our blushing town.
- Local tips, tricks & more: How to Aspen
- Recreation at the Continental Divide: Everything You Need to Know About Independence Pass
- Get all the hearts: Top 10 Spots to Capture the Perfect Instagram
- Getting used to 7,908ft: Tips for Getting Adjusted to the Altitude
- See breathtaking views at these 5 Gorgeous Alternatives to the Maroon Bells
- Interested in hitting the trail: Discovering Aspen in Hiking Boots
Book your vacation
Call or click to be directed to a local vacation expert. Lodging, airfare, ski packages and more: 877.812.6540