ASPEN FALL + WINTER 2017-2018 UPDATES
Visitors have expanded options of new choices for flights with Aspen Pitkin County Airport’s news on the expanded flight service for this approaching winter season.
- American Airlines: Up to eight flights daily from four hubs (Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW), Chicago (ORD), Phoenix (PHX) & Los Angeles (LAX) over the holidays and on peak weekends for the balance of the winter. Service from Phoenix Sky International Airport (PHX) is new for this winter with daily nonstop service (with the exception of Tuesdays and Wednesdays in January) beginning Dec 15.
- Delta Air Lines: A total of six flights daily plus an extra flight on Saturdays from four hubs (Salt Lake City (SLC), Los Angeles (LAX), Atlanta (ATL) & Minneapolis (MSP) over the holidays, then one daily flight for each city for the balance of the winter.
- United Airlines: There are between 20-25x flights daily from five hubs (Denver (DEN), Chicago (ORD), Houston(IAH), Los Angeles (LAX) & San Francisco (SFO). More information with detailed flight schedules can be found here.
- NEW! The second and final phase of the private residence club, Dancing Bear Aspen Mountainside building features ten three-bedroom residences, a stunning 3,200 sq. ft. penthouse residence, a spa grotto and steam room, and a new restaurant.
- NEW! The Little Nell’s guest rooms, premium guest rooms, and suites went through a refresh over spring 2017 by Champalimaud Design of New York.
- COMING SOON! Hotel Jerome is renovating the swimming pool, courtyard and hot tubs, which will open Dec. 2017. In addition, they are adding eight keys (which can also function as two three-bedroom suites) in a new building behind the historic Aspen Times building. June 2017 will also see the opening of new event space, which will open onto the courtyard. The Aspen Times building will house an old-fashioned barber shop as well as an entrance to an underground speakeasy. (330 E. Main St.)
- COMING SOON! W Aspen and The Sky Residences at W Aspen is slated to open for the 2018 winter ski season. The new hotel and residences are being designed by Nemaworkshop in partnership with local firm Rowland + Broughton Architecture and W’s in-house design team, offering 88 guestrooms and 11 W-branded fractional residences. Conveniently located at the base of Aspen Mountain, the development will also feature a 12,000 sq. ft. rooftop bar and pool with expansive views of Aspen Mountain.
- COMING SOON! Aspen Meadows Resort is breaking ground on renovations to the Reception Center which will open June 2018. The new renovations will add in a modern touch while preserving key elements of the present architectural work. The renovations will include a new pavilion, an expanded all-weather restaurant space accommodating 100 additional guests, and an outdoor deck- all completed with a backdrop mountain view.
ART, CULTURE AND RETAIL NEWS
- NEW! Maker + Place offers one-of-a-kind handcrafted home and lifestyle wares from all over the world. They bring production into the retail environment by offering open-air studios to local craftspeople and by inviting the customer to take part in the creation process. One of their craftspeople is weaver Clarity Elise Fornell, who has the goal of creating pieces with less waste and more intention. Clarity focuses on the change of thought processes in appreciating and honoring the tradition and beauty in utilitarian goods and home wares. (315 E. Hyman Ave.)
- NEW! Outdoor Voices opened a location in Aspen in July 2017 as an ode to outdoor adventure. The store carries women’s and men’s apparel, and a limited-edition women’s Aspen Kit. (624 E. Hyman Ave.)
- NEW! Venice-based brand Aviator Nation opened a sixth flagship store, and first location outside of California, in Aspen this June 2017. The Aspen store will provide athleisure clothing for both men and women. (308 S. Mill St.)
- NEW! Located a block from the Aspen Art Museum, Boesky West debuted in late March 2017 in a historic building designed by Annabelle Selldorf. A beautiful addition to the Aspen Art scene, Boesky West will feature renowned contemporary artists. (100 S. Spring St.)
- NEW! The Aspen Historical Society’s renovation of their 3,000-square-foot archive building debuted in July 2017. The new facility features a community gallery space for exhibitions, educational programming, and events, plus increased and safeguarded storage for the town’s artifacts, photographs, and objects. In addition, a newly landscaped courtyard increases indoor-outdoor event space.(620 W. Bleeker St.)
- COMING SOON! O2 Aspen will relocate to a new space in downtown Aspen this winter. The plan for the new yoga and pilates studio includes a street level retail space, three basement-floor spa treatment rooms, a health food café, and yoga and pilates space located upstairs with ample nature light and beautiful mountain views. (Cooper Ave.)
FOOD & WINE NEWS
- OPENING DEC. 2017! Local resident and restaurateur David Roth is opening Oakville Grocery Aspen, a new restaurant featuring farm-first products serving up breakfast and lunch. Oakville Grocery will also offer specialty items for purchase including locally made breads, meats, cheese and more. (201 E. Main St.)
- COMING SOON! LA Hotspot, The Nice Guy, has plans to expand their second restaurant in Aspen. Operated by John Terzian and Brain Toll, The Nice Guy will feature Italian staples such as chicken marsala and pasta primavera along with an Aspen fan-favorite, truffle fries. This will be the second expansion of one of their LA venues as Terzian and Toll are also owners of Bootsy Bellows, a nightclub in Aspen.
- COMING SOON! Austin-based eatery Clark’s Oyster Bar will expand with a new location in Aspen in June 2018. The unnamed Clark’s expansion will serve up seafood dishes, burgers, and more. (517 E. Hyman Ave.)
WINTER SKI DEALS
This winter, there are incredible deals on lift tickets, ski and snowboard school lessons, equipment rentals, and complete vacation packages for the 2017-2018 ski season.
- Early Storm Package: Book a minimum of three, get one day free on adult lift tickets and up to 25% off lodging. Also includes rentals and lesson discounts. Book by Oct. 15, 2017: Valid Jan. 1 – Mar. 31st, 2018; www.stayaspensnowmass.com
- Kids Ski Free Package: Rent kids equipment (ages 7 – 12) from Four Mountain Sports, and receive one free kids lift ticket. Valid Jan. 1, 2018 – Apr. 1, 2018; www.aspensnowmass.com.
For media information and images, contact Promo Communications:
Maureen Poschman [email protected]
Melissa Wisenbaker [email protected]
For visitor information, visit www.aspenchamber.org, or call 1.888.290.1324 or 970.925.1940.