Aspen/Pitkin County Airport (ASE) is located only three miles from downtown Aspen, and is the most convenient airport in the Rocky Mountain region! Flying to Aspen has never been easier and is, by far, the quickest way to start your vacation. Transportation to and from the airport is effortless and affordable via ground shuttles, taxis, limousines or local buses. Some hotels provide free transportation to/from the airport, please check with your hotel. If your visit requires you to drive to your final destination, please consider these affordable and convenient car rental companies.
ARRIVING IN ASPEN:
- Aspen Chamber Resort Association Guest Services is located inside the arrivals area near baggage claim. They are available to assist with transportation options and visitor information while you are waiting for your luggage.
- Many hotels have courtesy vans that provide pick-up service to and from the airport. Be sure to call in advance and check with your lodge.
- Outside of the arrivals gate there is a path to our local bus system. The Roaring Fork Transportation Authority (RFTA) provides free shuttle service into Aspen and the town of Snowmass Village to/from the Aspen Airport, click to view the time schedule. For routes extending to other Roaring Fork Valley communities, including Basalt, El Jebel, Carbondale, Glenwood Springs and beyond, call for rates and times: 970.925.8484.
- Car sharing services such as Uber and Lyft are new to the Aspen area. While the service is growing, there aren’t always rides available.
- Unlike metropolitan airports, taxis may not always be waiting outside the arrivals gate, particularly late at night. Just give them a call and taxis will arrive in a short amount of time to pick you up.
- Due to new TSA restrictions, unattended parked cars at curbside are no longer allowed. Friends and family wishing to greet passengers inside can park for free for up to 1-hour in all airport parking lots.
- When flying out of the Aspen airport, we encourage guests to arrive at the airport two hours in advance.
- Airlines require that baggage is checked no later than 45 minutes before scheduled departure, and during high season several flights depart close together so please allow extra time to pass through the TSA security.
Eagle County Regional Airport:
Located 70 miles from Aspen. Air Canada, American, Delta and United Express fly nonstop from 11 U.S. cities into Eagle. 970.328.2680.
Several carriers will pick Aspen guests up at the Denver, Grand Junction or Eagle airport and transport them to Aspen for a fee. Guest will share a van, and equipment is safely stored on the roof or rear racks. For a list of our local transportation companies, visit our Business Directory.