Here in Aspen, meeting attendees have access to an abundance of pursuits outside of the boardroom. Proudly boasting year-round escapes, every season is peak season, making one-of-a-kind adventures seemingly endless for attendees and staff alike. Explore nature trails steps away from downtown. Attend internationally acclaimed gatherings. Get lost in the beauty of a world-famous art haven. Satisfy your appetite with top-chef cuisine. Attendees of all interests and passions will discover experiences that Defy Ordinary.
FOR THE NATURE LOVERS
Once the meeting has adjourned, the outside world of Aspen awaits. Access to a world class mountain escape is quite literally at your doorstep. Take to the sky, the trail or the river with year-round activities for interests of all types. With more than 300 days of sunshine a year, there is plenty of time for outdoor pursuits.
- Aspen’s landscape is a dreamland for road and mountain bikers alike. Locals’ tip: take a lesson from our experienced local professionals at Four Mountain Sports or Blazing Adventures.
- Lace up your hiking boots and explore scenic trails alongside wildflower fields, rushing streams or a dense forest.
- Enjoy refreshing adventures floating on the water by raft or paddle-board.
- Once the Aspen mountains receive their winter’s coat, the ultimate winter playground comes to life. Hit the slopes by ski or snowboard.
- Ride through our mountain town by Jeep, ATV, gondola, helicopter and so much more.
- Get close to Mother Nature through community events and programs such as restoration work, yoga in nature classes and farm-to-table cooking demonstrations with Aspen Center for Environmental Studies (ACES).
FOR THE ART AFICIONADOS
The flourishing, accessible arts and culture scene is a world-famous art haven rooted in The Aspen Idea. Woven into the Aspen way of life, the “idea” was born as a reminder to nurture the mind, body and spirit, which has since led to the creation of the Aspen Institute, Aspen Music Festival & School and the FOOD & WINE Classic in Aspen. The robust arts community is the fuel to this mighty mountain town.
- Experience the evolution of international contemporary art through exhibits and immersive activities at the Aspen Art Museum. Admission is complimentary.
- Visit a local artists’ studio to catch a behind-the-scenes look into the magic at the Red Brick Center for the Arts. Or, take an art class and make magic yourself!
- Spark creativity by attending art workshops and lectures or visiting resident artists at the inspiring historic Anderson Ranch Arts Center.
- Connect with fellow writers and readers through stories with The Aspen Institute's Aspen Words’ year-round programs including Story Swap and The Editing Room.
- Claim your seat at a world-class performance by Aspen Film, Theatre Aspen, Wheeler Opera House or the Aspen Santa Fe Ballet.
- From classical to jazz and alternative to bluegrass, groove to the beat of live music at various venues including Belly Up Aspen, The Red Onion, Jazz Aspen Snowmass and the Aspen Music Festival.
FOR THE FOODIES
Notable chefs proudly call Aspen home. The finest restaurants line our streets with handcrafted menus inspired by local ingredients serving delectable cuisine. Where old favorites meet fresh, new flavors, these restaurants are ready to please every palate.
- Satisfy your taste buds during the FOOD & WINE Classic in Aspen, the premier culinary event in the country, where the world’s top chefs and wine experts bring together mouth-watering cooking demonstrations and wine tastings.
- Head chef, Barclay Dodge, at Bosq works closely with Biodynamic farmers located in the Roaring Fork Valley. The farm is ON the table at this locally sourced new world cuisine restaurant.
- Unwind on the mountainside patio at Ajax Tavern and enjoy casual fine dining with a menu crafted with local ingredients. The truffle fries come highly recommended!
- The Aspen Saturday Market serves up locally grown produce alongside Colorado made items such as jewelry and salad bowls. A true foodie can create a seemingly endless menu of farm fresh fare.
- Craving made-from-scratch, internationally-influenced cuisine? Meat & Cheese Restaurant and Farm Shop is a specialty food store and restaurant that uses locally sourced, sustainably raised ingredients to craft delectable culinary dishes from around the world. The Farm Shop offers Aspen’s finest selection of specialty cheeses, butchered meats from Western Colorado, charcuterie and fresh seafood as well as local produce, grab-and-go lunches and prepared meals.
- Sweet lovers must try the famous, made-from-scratch cookies and gelato from Aspen’s sweet spot, Paradise Bakery & Café.
- Grab a seat at Casa Tua to enjoy an Italian-inspired menu and a dining experience crafted to test all five senses.
FOR THE NIGHT OWLS
After a long day, it only feels right to watch the sun set while throwing back a cold beverage or dusting off those dancing shoes. Rub elbows with the locals at their favorite late-night restaurants and bars. Come dusk, the streets come to life in this mountain town.
- Show off your billiards skills at Aspen Billiards in Eric’s Bar.
- Sip a refreshing craft beer inspired by Aspen’s outdoor lifestyle at Aspen Tap gastropub, located in the heart of downtown.
- Dance the night away during a live concert at Belly Up Aspen, a 450-person music venue, which hosts over 300 live concerts a year and has featured top musical talents such as John Legend and Widespread Panic.
- During ski season, relax at one of the best après ski lounges in the country, Chair 9 at the Base of Ajax.
- One of the many hidden treats at Hooch Craft Cocktail Bar is late night food, so indulge in a nightcap accompanied by a midnight snack.