Cristal Logan, Director of Aspen Community Programs at the Aspen Institute, is responsible for creating and overseeing year-round public programs for the Aspen community. During her tenure at the Institute, Cristal has expanded the number of events exponentially - under Cristal's leadership, the Aspen Community Programs has hosted on average 60 program days each year for local residents, visitors, and teens. A fourth generation resident of the Roaring Fork Valley, Cristal participated in Leadership Aspen Class of 2000, and was one of the inaugural members of the Aspen Community Foundation Spring Board. She currently serves on the Executive Committee of the Board of the Aspen Chamber Resort Association, the Colorado Mountain College Community Advisory Committee (2008-present), and the Aspen Valley Hospital Community Advisory Committee (2006-present). Cristal is married to Mark Logan, Principal at Cadence Brand Marketing, and they have one amazing and wonderful son.
Cristal's 5 Favorite Things To Do in Summer:
- Summer in Aspen is pure magic, and the place to be is outside (unless of course you're attending one of the amazing programs at the Aspen Institute!). There are so many places to explore for people of all ages. I love spending time at the John Denver Sanctuary, reading the quotes on the rocks, and listening to the song that the river sings. To take a moment, or an afternoon, to enjoy this magical place is a true gift.
- FOOD & WINE Classic - What could be better than wine tasting, sampling creative and fantastic food, and learning? Doing all this under the backdrop of the most beautiful mountain town in the U.S. ...Oh, and eating fine cheese!
- I'd love to say that I'm an expert mountain biker, but I'm not - so, I love taking my mountain bike up the Elk Camp Gondola and riding downhill on the amazing trail system on Snowmass. This is such a fun family activity!
- Road biking to the Bells and Ashcroft is summertime bliss. The serenity, the wildlife, the ‘cycle therapy'... ahhh.
- Hiking the Ute Trail - The view, the rock formations, the wooded trail - this is Aspen. When you reach the top, you feel like you're on top of the world. ....and what a beautiful world it is.
Cristal's 5 Favorite Things To Do in Winter:
- Skiing to the Pine Creek Cookhouse for lunch is a wintertime tradition. Getting a group of friends together to go is so much fun. Winter wonderland finery...
- Aspen Snowmass has four distinct mountains, each with its own personality. Depending on what you're in the mood for, you can find it - my favorites are the Dumps, Kristi, Face and Shoulder of Bell, Deep Temerity, Oly Bowl and Highland Bowl.
- To celebrate winter in the dark is to see things in a whole new light: moonlight. Ullr Nights on Elk Camp is a wintertime celebration for all ages, especially the young at heart. Riding the gondola at night and seeing falling stars, and general stargazing is icing on the cake.
- WinterskölTM in Aspen brings out the local color in town, and is a great opportunity to celebrate community and the people who have made it special. And having another occasion to celebrate skiing in Aspen-why not?! Sköl!
- Dinner in Aspen at any of the amazing restaurants is always better after enjoying a great day on the slopes.