Barclay grew up in Aspen and hit the culinary path at a young age, taking him far and wide, but as any local will tell you "we all come back". After graduating from the California Culinary Academy in San Francisco and training at top restaurants around the world, he returned to become a fixture in the Aspen restaurant scene, opening Bosq in the summer of 2016. Even though cooking is his first passion, you can find him on the ski slopes, foraging the woods for mushrooms, and at any one of the town's great restaurants dining with friends.
Barclay's 5 Favorite Things To Do in Summer:
- Load the dog into the car, put on some sturdy boots, grab a pocket knife and a canvas bag and go out foraging for wild mushrooms in August and September up Independence Pass or anywhere off trail in our backyard wilderness.
- Drive up the "Pass" (Independence Pass) and stop for a sunset picnic at the Grottos.
- Lay out a blanket, some cheese, and wine on the green space at the Benedict Music Tent on Sunday afternoons.
- Hike the Ute Trail, or continue on up to the top of Ajax.
- There is nothing better than water skiing and a BBQ at Ruedi Reservoir (located outside of Basalt) on a sunny day.
Barclay's 5 Favorite Things To Do in Winter:
- See a show at the JAS Café.
- Skiing Ajax any day of the week, or every day!
- Cross country ski to The Pine Creek Cookhouse and have lunch or dinner.
- Put a crew of close friends together and do an overnight hut trip at one of the 10th Mountain Division Huts.
- Get out of the scene, gather a great group of friends and throw a dinner party at home or your condo.