Winter fun for Kids
The Aspen Skiing Company offers amazing ski school options for kids of all ages. Snowmass & Buttermilk are the best mountains for beginners. Group lessons run 9:30am-3pm or a half day morning only session is 9:30am-12: 30 pm.
When the kids need a change of pace here are some recommendations on how to keep busy.
- Ice skating and lunch or dinner at CP Burger. Aspen’s only outdoor ice rink sits alongside this kid (and adult) friendly eatery. Think milkshakes (spiked for adults!) kale salads, burgers and more.
- The Aspen Recreation Center has a sledding hill just behind the building, which is free to use. Sleds are available to rent for $5 with a signed waiver.
- Also at the Aspen Recreation Center is a climbing wall, indoor ice rink, and heated indoor swimming pool, complete with water slide, hot tub, lazy river and more. This is a huge hit with kids. Daily admission $19, punch passes available.
- Aspen Center for Environmental Studies has an array of programming for kids of all ages. Ranging from snowshoeing to explorer photography. Check out their offerings during your vacation: aspennature.org
- Art Start & Art Studio at the Aspen Art Museum, as well as Family Workshops, are all excellent opportunities to explore the wide world of artistic expression with your child. Aspenartmuseum.org
- The Pitkin County Library offers Storytime on Tuesdays and Thursdays for varying age groups as well as Lego Club on some afternoons.
- Red Brick Recreation Center offers drop-in times at their Playhouse Gym weekdays, excluding Wednesdays, for $5 per child. View their website for details: aspenrecreation.com/playhouse-2
- Snowmass Very Important Kid program has events daily in the winter. Visit viksnowmass.com for information during your stay.
**Photos Courtesy of ACES