For the teen
Aspen is anything but boring, especially for a teenager. Check out our top 10 activities for those who have outgrown the bunny hill.
1. Indulge at Paradise Bakery where you can grab delicious baked treats including cookies, muffins, and ice-cream. During summer evenings you can enjoy your goods on the benches outside while listening to live music performances.
2. Check out Aspen’s award winning skatepark located in Rio Grande Park. It’s any skater’s paradise with 13,000 square feet of smooth concrete and plenty of bowls, pools, and box jumps to fill your day. Not a skater? The park also has boulders for observation seating. You’ll be quickly entertained watching the fearless athletes perform their tricks.
3. Grab a burger and play a few rounds of mini golf (ice-skating in the winter) at CP Burger. Loser buys some well-deserved milkshakes after the game!
4. Develop your career skills early on with Aspen Art Museum’s seasonal internship program. The internship is designed for high-school students and helps form leadership and communication skills used in professional environments. More information can be found here.
5. Challenge your friends to a sand volleyball tournament at Koch Park. Located just west of the downtown core, Koch Park is the perfect outdoor hangout- all you need is a volleyball, sunscreen, and music!
6. Attend an “all ages” show at Belly Up. Watch live DJs, big-name headliners and movie nights. *Parent or guardian must accompany anyone below the age of 18.
7. During the summer months, hike or take the gondola up to the top of Aspen Mountain for Summer Sundays. Grab a slice of pizza from the Sundeck and play disc golf while listening to the live Bluegrass music in the background.
8. Head to the Aspen Recreation Center for a day filled with ice-skating, rock-climbing, a batting cage, and an indoor swimming pool set with a whirlpool and waterslide.
9. Celebrate your inner gamer at Rynos Pub & Pizzeria, complete with a full arcade, foosball, shuffleboard, and lots of pizza!
10. Hit up the terrain park on Buttermilk Mountain. It is sure to get your adrenaline pumping with a 22-foot superpipe, dozens of jumps, logs, rails, and tables. If you’re not ready to tackle the 70 ft jumps, Buttermilk Mountain also has an S3 Park where Ski and Snowboards schools can help elevate your skills on the beginner and intermediate designed features.