CELEBRATE INDEPENDENCE DAY WITH ASPEN’S OLD-FASHIONED FOURTH OF JULY EVENTS
ASPEN, Colo. (June 25, 2018) – While it’s always wonderful to visit Aspen during the summer, it’s during the annual Old-Fashioned Fourth of July celebration when this mountain town shows off its whimsical Colorado charm. There’s plenty of family fun during the Independence Day festivities – from the morning Boogie’s five-mile charity run, to kid’s bike decorating and carnival, the decorative floats during the annual parade through town, free concerts, and two new exciting events including a block party with Aspen Volunteer Fire Department and the Aspen Chamber Resort Association (ACRA) Fourth of July drone light show.
All Independence Day activities in Aspen are free, unless otherwise noted. Highlights include the following:
- Boogie’s Buddy Race at 8 a.m. ($45)
- Kids Bicycle Decoration and Carnival starting at 9:30 a.m. at Paepcke Park
- Old Fashioned 4th of July Parade through town starting at 11 a.m.
- Aspen Valley Ski and Snowboard Club (AVSC) Benefit Picnic from 12 -3 p.m. in Koch Park ($20/adult, $10/children 12 and under)
- Aspen Music Festival and School concert at the Benedict Music Tent at 4 p.m.
- Theatre Aspen performance of Ragtime at 6 p.m. ($30)
New events this year include:
- Block party and fundraiser for the Aspen Volunteer Fire Department 6-9 p.m.
- Fourth of July Drone Light Show with Great Lakes Drone Company- Join ACRA in Wagner Park at 9:15 p.m. to watch the drones light up the sky choreographed to Patriotic music.
In addition to the vast array of activities happening on Independence Day, there’s also renowned biking, hiking, dining and shopping. Aspen’s cultural organizations’ summer festivals and events will be in full swing by then including the Aspen Music Festival and School concerts, Theatre Aspen productions, the Aspen Institute community programs, Jazz Aspen Snowmass JAS Café concerts, Aspen Santa Fe Ballet performances, and Aspen Words events.
For the most up-to-date schedule of events, visit the ACRA Old-Fashioned Fourth of July page.
For media information and images, contact Promo Communications at
Maureen Poschman [email protected]
Melissa Wisenbaker [email protected]