What’s New This Winter In Aspen
The start of each new season brings in a surge of changes in Aspen. News for this season in Aspen includes expanded airline service, lodging updates, retail openings, and special events. For a complete calendar of winter events, visit the official Aspen online calendar of events. Ready to book your winter getaway? Click here! Looking for an added boost of encouragement? Check out these 8 reasons to book your winter trip to Aspen today.
- This winter, Delta Airlines becomes the third airline to offer nonstop service from Los Angeles (LAX) to Aspen (ASE). Delta Airlines will also add nonstop service from Salt Lake City (SLC). These additional nonstop flights begin Dec. 17, 2016, when Delta also resumes seasonal daily nonstop flights from Atlanta (ATL) and Minneapolis/St. Paul (MSP).
- Destination SOUL; SoulCycle and smartwater® will launch Destination SOUL, a 12-day SoulCycle pop-up experience in Aspen, Colorado. The 50-bike Rocky Mountain studio and smartwater lounge will be located in the iconic Boogie's Diner building in the heart of the town of Aspen and will run from Thurs., Dec. 22 until Mon., Jan. 2 with 3 - 5 classes per day at $40 per class (includes shoe rental). Limited-edition SoulCycle Aspen retail will include specialty cold-weather accessories and Soul branded outerwear. (534 Cooper Ave.)
- Donna Karan’s lifestyle brand Urban Zen opened a pop-up store in a new location in downtown Aspen. The shop features women’s apparel, leather goods, jewelry and art. (625 E. Hyman Ave.)
- A men and women’s clothing store named Kith will move into the Cooper Avenue Mall.
- Odd Molly, a women’s clothing line from Sweden, will open in the Aspen Square Hotel. (613 E Cooper Ave.)
Aspen will host the 2017 Audi FIS Ski World Cup Finals from Mar.15-19 marking the first time the event has been held in the U.S. in 20 years. The races will feature the best men’s and ladies’ alpine skiing athletes in the world competing in downhill, super-G, giant slalom, slalom and nation’s team event. Aspen has a long history of World Cup ski racing having hosted the first World Championships outside of Europe in 1950.
- 40th Anniversary of Aspen Gay Ski week (Jan. 15–22, 2017). A weeklong celebration that is both on and off the slopes, Aspen Gay Ski Week includes events such as comedy shows, retro pool and dance parties, a film series, and, of course, skiing on all four area mountains.
- AspenFilm’s Academy Screenings will celebrate its 25th anniversary this year, scheduled for Dec. 21, 2016- Jan. 1, 2017. The film series highlights 20 acclaimed films which are all actively campaigning for academy Award consideration.