Top 5 Reasons to Visit Aspen this April
Because winter isn't over just quite yet...
1. Spring skiing. Epic conditions still apply to all four mountains right now in Aspen/Snowmass as snow continues to pile up. Take advantage of the empty slopes, impressive conditions and spring weather!
2. Aspen Shortsfest. One of the world's premier showcases for short film, Shortsfest puts the spotlight on this trendsetting art form. Festival goers will enjoy a film filled week featuring nightly screenings and dozens of filmmaker guests. Seventy shorts represent more than 30 countries-- including world premiers, critcally acclaimed films and favorites from the international festival circuit. For more information click here.
3. Reduced hotel and lodging rates. As Aspen's winter season comes to an end, hotels and lodging rates decline rapidly. Click here to find the best deals in town.
4. Restaurant deals. While many restaurants close during this time, others offer incredible discounts and pre fixe menus. Rustique is known to do fried chicken Thursdays in shoulder seasons, while Jimmy's offers various ethnic and cultural food themed weeks. For a complete list of Aspen restaurants click here.
5. Closing day parties. Aspen/Snowmass is known to put on the best closing parties in the state of Colorado, arguably in the country. Closing day parties begin with Buttermilk and their annual Bacon Appreciation Day April 6 as well as a rail jam. Aspen Highlands follows with their legendary closing day party on April 13 at the base of the mountain. We suggest a costume for Highlands; take a look at last year's closing day party here. Aspen Mountain and Snowmass will both close on April 20 with the hilarious Schneetag at Snowmass.