Summer Event Highlight: Aspen Ideas Spotlight Health 2018
Aspen boasts an array of events and festivals all summer long with musical performances around town, access to new art exhibits, and more. The 14th annual Aspen Ideas Festival is divided into three sessions over ten days. The fifth annual Spotlight Health returns to the festival as the opening segment June 21-24, followed by festival 1 (June 24-June 27) and festival 2 (June 27-June 20). A variety of additional programs, tutorials, seminars and discussions confront guests with stimulating issues throughout the festival.
Spotlight Health will have 80 sessions, around 125 presenters and 1,500 attendees. Healthy cuisine, yoga, and hikes highlight the three-day schedule of lectures, panel discussions and debates that will explore innovations in health, science, and medicine from morning until evening.
The 2018 program tracks for Spotlight Health are as follows:
- The Cutting Edge of Medicine and Science- discussing the new developments in medicine and science and how we can benefit from them.
- Disrupting Health Systems- covering changes in the health care system, the future of the Affordable Care Act, and what this means for our health.
- Healthy Communities- debating the question what is a healthy community and how do we build them?
- Our Planet, Our Health- the environment is both hazardous to our health and a source of healing. This program track asks how do we keep both people and the earth healthy?
Just a few of the many notable speakers confirmed for Spotlight Health include:
- Karen DeSalvo: former New Orleans Health Commissioner and National Coordinator for Health Information at the US Department of Health and Human Services.
- Larry Merlo: President and CEO of CVS Health.
- Ted Koppel: Senior Contributor to the CBS Sunday Morning Show and legendary former anchor of ABC News’ Nightline.
- Vanessa Mason: co-founder of P2 Health Ventures, the first public health tech venture fund focused on tech products that prevent disease onset or address the needs of medically vulnerable populations.
Individual and group pass options are available for Spotlight Health. Additional details and registration can be found online here. Find out information on all upcoming events in Aspen with our online monthly event calendar.