7 Free Things to Enjoy in Aspen This Winter
- Aspen Snowmass Bud Light Hi-Fi Concert Series: Aspen Snowmass and Bud Light have teamed up to bring back their highly anticipated free Bud Light Hi-Fi concert series beginning Thanksgiving weekend with Jamestown Revival and continuing throughout the winter season. For information on all upcoming shows click here.
- Aspen Winternational: The world’s fastest women skiers will once again take on Aspen Mountain’s challenging slopes in the only stop of the women’s Audi FIS Ski World Cup tour in the U.S. on November 28-29. In celebration of opening Aspen Mountain for the winter season during Thanksgiving weekend, spectators near and far are invited to the base of Lift 1A on Aspen Mountain to enjoy prime viewing of the finish line from the grandstands.
- Free guided tours at Aspen Art Museum: Free, drop-in spotlight tours are led by museum staff every Wednesday and Saturday at 1 p.m. at the Aspen Art Museum. Admission to the Aspen art Museum is always free, courtesy of Amy and John Phelan.
- 12 Days of Aspen: From December 20-31, downtown Aspen comes alive with a variety of free holiday activities during the 12 Days of Aspen. Free activities open to the public include the 12 Days kick off ice skating party, free cookies and cocoa with the Aspen Police Department and Pitkin County Sherriff’s Office, holiday card making at the Red Brick Center for the Arts and more. Complete details for the annual event can be found here.
- Enjoy the Power of Four: Want to go check out the après scene at Base Camp? Ready to hike the bowl and celebrate afterwards at Cloud Nine? Looking for a way to easily get the kids to the Hideout? Thanks to the Roaring Fork Transportation Authority (RFTA), guests can get around to Aspen, Aspen Highlands, Buttermilk and Snowmass for free!
- Wintersköl: Aspen’s annual “toast to winter” returns for its 65th year January 14-17. The four-day celebration features on and off mountain activities, festivals and plenty of free events for the whole family. Soupskol, a soup-cooking contest judge by the public, is a local favorite event held each year in downtown Aspen. Guests enjoy free samples of various soups from restaurants around the Roaring Fork Valley and cast a vote for their favorite. Additional free activities during Wintersköl include: ice-skating at the Aspen Ice garden, Winterfest, Aspen History 101 and more. For a full list of this year’s events visit the Wintersköl website.
- Take advantage of your lodging: Many of the lodging options in Aspen offer unique amenities, some of which are available complimentary to guests. Aspen Meadows Resort offers complimentary snowshoe sets or yak trax for guests to explore the surrounding trails located on site. After a day of enjoying the outdoors, guests can cozy up in the Hefner Lounge for complimentary s’mores. The Limelight offers more complimentary programs than any other hotel when it comes to winter sports; Inside Tracks, an all-day tour of one of the four local mountains, and First Tracks, early access to Aspen Mountain, are both free to guests. For more information on the Limelight Hotel’s winter adventures click here.