6 Reasons To Visit Aspen This December
Planning a trip to Aspen this winter? Aspen is an ideal holiday destination and December kicks off the high season with a surge of changes in town. From new places to dine, to annual coveted events, here are 6 reasons why you should visit Aspen this December:
1. New Restaurants- Jimmy's is opening up the world's smallest speakeasy, Mini Jimmy's, inside their restaurant this winter season. Inside the speakeasy guests will have the option of enjoying either an exclusive wine tasting guided by Wine Director Greg Van Wagner or a spirits tasting guided by Jessica Lishcka, General Manager, with a selection of mezcal, scotch or Japanese whisky. Available for parties of 3 maximum, guests can book their tastings via Airbnb Experiences or by calling Jimmy's directly. Also making it's way to Aspen this winter is popular New York seafood restaurant Conca del Sogno for an Aspen residency at the Chef's Club located inside the St. Regis Aspen Resort. Additional eateries coming to town include Duemani, Almresi and The Ranch Room.
2. 12 Days of Aspen – During the 12 Days of Aspen downtown is a winter wonderland bursting with holiday cheer. From December 20-31, celebrate the holidays with free ice-skating, concerts and carolers, visits with Santa’s reindeer, cookies, hot cocoa, s’more making parties, and more! Click here for more information.
3. New Lodging- W Aspen and The Sky Residences at W Aspen opened their doors in Aspen earlier this summer and plan to take the après scene to the next level. Conveniently located at the base of Aspen Mountain, the W Aspen features a 12,000 sq. ft. rooftop bar and pool, also known as the “Wet Deck,” which is open to the public with expansive views of Aspen Mountain, as well as the Living Room, which serves breakfast, lunch and dinner, and cocktail bar 39 Degrees.
4. Arts & Culture Events–The Wheeler Opera House is kicking off December with their December Delights (Dec 7-31) at the Wheeler, a festive month of sparkle and shine that will take place at the historic opera house. Jazz Aspen Snowmass’ winter JAS Café series beings December 20 and will include jazz, vocal and world music in a unique and intimate setting. Don't miss Aspen Santa Fe Ballet’s holiday season staple The Nutcracker with four performances over the weekend of December 21-22.
5. NYE Party Central- From dinners to concerts, intimate parties and more, make your plans now for New Year’s Eve here.
6. So. Much. Snow! Thanks to an abundance of early season snow, two of the four mountains in Aspen Snowmass opened early this year, with more and more terrain opening daily. For snow and terrain updates click here. Not a skier? Not a problem! Check out these activities you can enjoy off the slopes.