5 Reasons To Visit Aspen This Autumn
1. Filmmaking as its finest: Taking place September 23 - 29, the 2019 Aspen Filmfest is an intimate affair that allows participants to view new releases, sneak previews, surprise films and favorites from the festival circuit. Other special events include post-screening dialogues, presentations and opportunities to interact with the filmmakers.
2. Rugby: The 52nd annual Ruggerfest will take place in Aspen September 19-22. This is the only all-ages, full-contact rugby tournament in the world, and teams from around the country will be competing for the championship title.
3. The Golden Leaf Half Marathon (September 28): Chosen by Trail Runner Magazine as one of “America’s 14 Most Scenic Races” and Colorado Runner Magazine as the “Best Half Marathon” in 2008, the Golden Leaf is one of the most beautiful foot races in the Rockies. In the height of the picturesque fall colors of Colorado, reds, greens, and the famous gold’s of the Aspen Trees will guide runners on this challenging course from Snowmass to Aspen.
4. Perfect pedaling: As an epicenter for cycling, Aspen bikers can choose from the gently sloping Rio Grande Trail, a serene road ride up to the iconic Maroon Bells, a grueling ride up Independence Pass and more. Since fall in Aspen is still a bit of a secret, favorite trails and stretches are even less populated than summer. For bicycle rentals and trail recommendations contact local experts at Aspen Velo or Bike Butlers.
5. The colors: The gorgeous golden hues of the aspen trees surrounding the Aspen area are one of the biggest draws of the autumn season for visitors near and far. Combine the beauty of the season with the near empty biking and hiking trails, lodging specials, annual events, and autumn in Aspen might just be the perfect getaway for you! Make the most out of your fall trip to Aspen by completing our autumn bucket list.