5 Reasons To Visit Aspen This Autumn
1. Filmmaking as its finest: Taking place September 25 - 30, the 2018 Aspen Filmfest is an intimate affair that allows participants to view new releases, sneak previews, surprise films and favorites from the festival circuit. Other special events include post-screening dialogues, presentations and opportunities to interact with the filmmakers.
2. Rugby: The 51st annual Ruggerfest will take place in Aspen September 13-16. This is the only all-ages, full-contact rugby tournament in the world, and teams from around the country will be competing for the championship title. Registration is open online through July 1.
3. A weekend of wine and food: A long-standing summer tradition taking place September 14-15, the Snowmass Wine Festival features a weekend of wine, wine tasting, and wine-pairing dinners, hosted by Rotary Club of Snowmass Village. Friday evening features a wine-pairing dinner, while the Saturday highlight is a three-hour grand tasting event with wines from all over the world.
4. Perfect pedaling: As an epicenter for cycling, Aspen bikers can choose from the gently sloping Rio Grande Trail, a serene road ride up to the iconic Maroon Bells, a grueling ride up Independence Pass and more. Since fall in Aspen is still a bit of a secret, favorite trails and stretches are even less populated than summer. For bicycle rentals and trail recommendations contact local experts at Aspen Velo or Bike Butlers.
5. The colors: The gorgeous golden hues of the aspen trees surrounding the Aspen area are one of the biggest draws of the autumn season for visitors near and far. Combine the beauty of the season with the near empty biking and hiking trails, lodging specials, annual events, and autumn in Aspen might just be the perfect getaway for you! Make the most out of your fall trip to Aspen by completing our autumn bucket list.