With longer, sunnier days, powder storms, goggle tans, and some of the best après parties of the season- it’s no secret that March is one of the best months to ski in Aspen. Not convinced? Here are five of our favorite reasons why we are all about skiing in Aspen in March.
1. Longer days and an extra hour of sunshine during daylight savings means more time to ride. Select lifts on all four mountains have extended their hours until 4:00pm or 4:15pm. Here is a list of lifts that will give you extra time to shred spring powder: Silver Queen Gondola, Ajax Express, Summit Express, Exhibition, Cloud 9, Sheer Bliss, Elk Camp Gondola, and Village Express.
2. Two words: spring powder. March has historically been one of the snowiest months of the year in Aspen. In fact, Aspen has an average snowfall of 29 inches in March according to US Climate Data. Not only will you have great coverage of fresh, fluffy snow but you will also have blue skies to accompany you on your powder day.
3. March in Aspen marks the official start to après season which continues on for the rest of the ski season. After a day on the slopes you can ski right into a spring party which often includes DJs, food & drink specials, and costumes (highly encouraged). Pack your best Hawaiian shirt and join us as we celebrate the beginning of warmer, spring days. Need more après? Here is our list of top places to soak in the sunshine after an epic ski day.
4. Spring is a great time to collect on discounts and deals happening around town. As the ski season winds down from winter, you can expect to find lodging deals and discounts on gear and lift passes. Checkout vacation and lodging specials here.
5. Aspen boasts 300 days of sunshine annually and March is no exception to plenty of bluebird, sunny days. Riders are encouraged to take advantage of our blue skies and relax on patios located at our on-mountain dining spots. Bonnies, located mid-mountain on Aspen Mountain, is a local’s favorite restaurant for grabbing a tasty lunch and lounging on their sun-soaked patio. The Sundeck, Cloud Nine, and Cliffhouse are some other favorite mountain dining spots with stellar views on sunshine days. Don’t forget your sunscreen!