Leave your car at home or at one of the FREE Park & Ride lots!
As a part of our city's environmental focus, we encourage residents and guests to get around without your vehicle. With so many transportation options available in Aspen, it's a hassle-free, safe and earth-friendly way to get around. Our goal is to preserve Aspen's character by keeping traffic congestion and pollution at a minimum. Should you choose to drive, parking at our downtown garage or on the streets of Aspen is easy once you are equipped with the right information.
Take the pledge to Drive Less this summer and win! Do your part to reduce traffic congestion, clear the air and save money. Pledge to drive less this summer, sign up with the City of Aspen.
The City of Aspen is a bike-friendly community, with many trails and pedestrian bikeways available to facilitate parking your car and enjoying the freedom associated with bike travel.
- Home of the Rio Grande Trail, a 44 mile stretch of continuous trail between Aspen & Glenwood Springs as well as a system of trails connecting Aspen and Snowmass Village and Woody Creek.
- Utilize the Pitkin Outside Map to plot the best commuter route options.
The Roaring Fork Transit Authority (RFTA) represents an unparalleled community commitment to public transportation in the Roaring Fork Valley.
- Rides within Aspen and between Aspen & Snowmass and between Woody Creek and Aspen are FREE.
- RFTA monthly and seasonal passes are available, offering discounted rates for frequent riders between fare zones.
- ACRA Members receive further discounts (5%) on bus passes as part of their benefits package.
- RFTA Zone Passes now include a free WE-Cycle season pass, see information on bike sharing below.
- Schedules, Fares, and Maps: 970.925.8484, http://www.rfta.com/
• Find carpool partners for daily or one-time trips (FREE PARKING for Carpoolers – Parking Section below)
• Look for walking & cycling partners
• Get traffic alerts via email
• Earn rewards and win great prizes
• Calculate your cost and carbon savings
"Yes, but I need a car for errands in town…."
Join Car to Go – which provides its members with all the perks of car ownership but none of the hassles. Members share a fleet of all hybrid vehicles, dramatically reducing their costs.
- Gas, maintenance, roadside assistance, and insurance are all included!
- Car-to-Go is perfect for those who use public transportation, bike, walk or carpool for some trips.
- More information: 970.920.5066 | www.cartogo.com
The newest addition to the Aspen Transportation family is the Downtowner.
- Free door-to-door service within service area
- Service from 8 am– 11 pm during winter & summer seasons
- Electric vehicles with heaters and ski racks during winter season
- Tips appreciated, but not required
- Download the Downtowner app to your android or apple device.
- Use the app to request a ride during service hours.
- After your ride, you will have the opportunity to rate your driver and provide a tip.
CURRENT SERVICE AREA BOUNDARIES:
- 7th Street to the west
- River to the east
- River to the north
Aspen Mountain to the south
PARK & RIDE
Park for free at the Park & Ride lots in each location listed below, and catch a RFTA bus to Aspen.
- Brush Creek Intercept lot (Snowmass)
- El Jebel
- Glenwood Springs
Try VelociRFTA- Fast, Fun, Frequent service utilizing Bus Rapid Transit.
If you do choose to drive your car to Aspen, we have several parking options.
Aspen's Parking Department is always available to answer questions and help with meters. But, they're also around to monitor and enforce on-street parking programs, which they do very efficiently. Trust us.
We recommend the Rio Grande Parking Plaza, located one block off of Main Street at 425 Rio Grande Place. This parking garage offers affordable, covered parking 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Garage Clearance 7 feet-2 inches.
- NEV (Neighborhood Electric Vehicle) parking and charging available.
- For information please call (970) 920-5430.
|$1.50 per Hour
$15.00 Daily Maximum
$50.00 10-Visit pass* (EDITOR'S PICK - ONLY $5 per day!)
$200.00 Monthly Pass*
$15.00 Lost Ticket Fee
|Free from 5 pm to 5 am
Free Holidays (except July 4th)
*available for purchase during booth hours or between 8:30 am and 5 pm at the Aspen Parking Department at 540 E. Main Street.
From the plaza, the free Galena Street Shuttle provides convenient service to Aspen's downtown core and to Aspen Mountain from 8:15 a.m. to 5 p.m. during the winter and summer season. Please consult the linked RFTA schedule for times, or download their app in the app store.
You may also utilize Pay By Phone or Way to Park apps on your mobile phone. Parking cards and tokens are available for purchase at the Parking Department for those individuals who do not wish to use credit cards.
Downtown parking is limited to a maximum of 4 hours.
Monday-Saturday enforced 10 am-6 pm (Sunday and City Holidays Free).
1 hour: $2.00
2 hours: $5.00
3 hours: $9.00
4 hours: $14.00
|May 30th - August 31st, 2017 - Drive Less Pricing
1 Hour: $3.00
2 Hours: $7.50
3 Hours: $13.50
4 Hours: $21.00
Single Space Meters (per 15 minutes) is $0.50
Carpools of two or more adults, of driving age, are eligible for FREE carpool permits for parking in residential or carpool zones.
- Pick up a daily pass at the Airport Parking Information Kiosk at the Pitkin County Airport.
- Designated carpool parking spots are located throughout downtown Aspen. Map here.
- For more information on the carpooling program, call (970) 920-5038.
Free 2 hour parking is available in residential zones just outside of Aspen’s core. Free Saturdays and Sundays
Purchase a full day pass for these zones for $8 at the following places:
- Airport Parking Kiosk
- Aspen Parking Department
- City Market
For more information on parking options, call the Aspen Parking Department at (970)920-5267 or visit http://www.aspenpitkin.com/Departments/Parking.
*Photo courtesy of the City of Aspen Parking Department
WE-CYCLE – Community Supported Bike Share
- The first 30 minutes of each checkout is included in the cost of the pass, while longer rides are charged overtime fees.
- Extended rides are an additional $4 for the first half hour past 30 minutes and $8 for each subsequent half hour after 60 minutes.
- Your pass allows for unlimited bike checkouts.
- The clock resets when your bike re-docks.
- All RFTA Seasonal Zone Passes include a FREE WE-Cycle Season Pass.
- There are 20 WE-Cycle stations in Aspen – locations can be found at www.we-cycle.org
Ride the bus to town & use WE-Cycle around town.