Ways to Consume
How much to Purchase
Where to consume
- Your home
- Private property - with the owner's permission
- Friend's homes - Aspen hotels are non-smoking - if you're visiting from out of town, make friends with locals.
- It is against Colorado law to consume Cannabis in any public place.
- Use and possession remains a criminal act on federal lands - this includes much of the forested area surrounding Aspen. This includes the Maroon Bells and all of the Aspen Snowmass ski areas, so lighting up on the gondola or slopes is against federal law.
- Although marijuana is legal in Colorado, you can’t bring it across state lines, even if your home state also allows recreational sales.
- At the Aspen-Pitkin Co. Airport the sheriff’s office has set up two “amnesty boxes” where people can leave their marijuana (in all forms) before passing through security lines and boarding flights.
- Throw it in the garbage in a sealed container, out of reach of children & pets.
- Remember that friend you made so you had somewhere private to consume? They would likely enjoy your leftovers as a thank you gift.
- Be sure to keep any marijuana, especially edibles, in their original containers. You don't want the hotel's housekeeping to pass it off to their kids thinking it's left behind candy.
- You must be 21 or older to purchase AND consume.
- Do not drive while impaired.
- Consume in private places. Anywhere in public view is against Colorado law.
- Keep doses low until you know how you personally react to the THC.
- Leave the product in its original packaging, especially edibles - you don't want someone mistaking it for candy or cookies.
- Respect others around you who wish to avoid, even while in a private home.
- Don't mix with alcohol.
- Be careful if you take medication.
- The best way to consume is to be knowledgeable, responsible, and safe.