The Aspen Chamber Resort Association (ACRA) has been working closely with local, regional, and state partners and monitoring other trusted sources to gather and share valuable information with the local business community. We've put together this resource page to help you learn more and navigate this ever-changing situation.
We want to remind everyone that ACRA is not a health official or government organization. Our goal is to share business relief and health information that is accurate and unbiased in a timely manner.
PLEASE rely on the official, trusted sources for information and not secondhand knowledge. Rumors and bad information spread faster than any disease out there, which only causes distress.
Economic Injury Disaster Loan is Open
Governor Jared Polis just announced that Colorado's application for federal disaster area designation has been approved. The SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loan application is now open to business owners in all of Colorado’s 64 counties.
More information including the application link is available here: https://disasterloan.sba.gov/ela/
Click here to review tips for applying, eligible vs. ineligible entities, loan approval criteria, what is needed to apply, and more.
Colorado’s Unemployment Insurance Division is responding to questions from both employers and workers impacted by closures as a result of the Coronavirus. Employees who see a reduction in hours or layoffs are encouraged to apply for unemployment benefits, which can provide partial wage replacement, at colorado.gov. For additional information for employers and employees, the Colorado Department of Labor and Employment has information and resources on Coronavirus.
State, Regional, & Local Notifications
- March 24 - Construction Site Closure Notice for Aspen
- March 23 - Pitkin County amended Public Health Order to a Stay-At-Home Order
- March 22 - Ordering Colorado Employers To Reduce In-Person Workforce by Fifty Percent Due to the Presence of COVID-19 In the State
- March 20 - Order Limiting Evictions, Foreclosures, and Public Utility Disconnections and Expediting Unemployment Insurance Claim Processing to Provide Relief to Coloradans Affected by COVID-19
- March 20 - Ordering the Temporary Suspension of Certain Regulatory Statutes Due to the Presence of COVID-19
- March 20 - Ordering the Suspension of Statute to Extend the Income Tax Payment Deadlines Due to the COVID-19 Disaster Emergency
- March 19 - City of Aspen Letter to the Community
- March 19 - Aspen Valley Hospital issued COVID-19 Community Update
- March 19 - Public Health Order prohibiting public gatherings of more than 10 people
- March 18 - Pitkin County amended Public Health Order related to Events dated March 13
- March 18 - Executive Order extending the suspension of downhill ski operations through April 6
- March 18 - Executive Order suspending in-person learning at all schools through April 17
- March 16 - Public Health Order closing all mass-gathering areas such as restaurants, theaters, and casinos