How to Get Here
By car, shuttle or plane, with some simple planning your trip to Aspen is sure to be seamless and fun!
Aspen/Pitkin County Airport (ASE) is located only three miles from downtown Aspen, and is the most convenient airport in the Rocky Mountain region! Flying to Aspen has never been easier and is, by far, the quickest way to start your vacation.
United Express: Daily connecting flights from Denver featuring the Canadair CRJ-700 regional jet with first-class and economy-plus seating. Also, seasonal nonstop flights from Los Angeles, Chicago, San Francisco, and Houston.
American Airlines: Will seasonally serve ASE with daily non-stop flights from Dallas/Fort Worth & Los Angeles featuring the CRJ-700 jet aircraft.
For more local flight information, call Aspen Pitkin County Airport at 970.920.5380, visit www.aspenairport.com or turn to local Comcast Channel 8. Interesting Airport Facts
There is also service into Eagle County Regional Airport, located 70 miles from Aspen. American, Continental, Delta and United Express fly nonstop from 11 U.S. cities into Eagle. 970.328.2680.
From Denver, Aspen is 220 miles or approximately 3.5 hours via I-70 West to Glenwood Springs. Aspen is due east from Glenwood on Highway 82. During summer months, another scenic route from Denver is I-70 West to 91 South through Leadville to 24 South, then west onto Highway 82 over Independence Pass. (The pass is open only during warm-weather months. We recommend you call Colorado Department of Transportation (303.639.1111 or go to www.cotrip.org) to get updated conditions on the pass - you never know.
From Grand Junction, Aspen is an easy 2.5 hour drive east on I-70 connecting with Highway 82 in Glenwood Springs.
From Eagle/Vail, Aspen is about 70 miles or approximately 1 hour & 40 minutes travelling I-70 West to Glenwood Springs.
If you do bring a car, you'll want to familiarize yourself with Aspen's pay-and-display parking system and current road conditions:
- For Aspen's parking system, contact the City of Aspen Transportation and Parking Department at 970-920-5267 or visit http://www.aspenpitkin.com/Departments/Parking.
- For statewide road and weather conditions, chain laws and other construction information, please call the CDOT hotline at 877-353-ROAD or visit www.cotrip.org.
- For driving conditions, please call the Colorado State Patrol's Road & Weather Communications Center toll free at 8777-315-7623, directly at 303-639-1111, or visit www.cotrip.org.
Several carriers will pick Aspen guests up at the Denver, Grand Junction or Eagle airport and transport them to Aspen for a fee. Guest will share a van, and equipment is safely stored on the roof or rear racks. For a list of our local transportation companies, visit our Business Directory.
Hotels, shops and restaurants are within comfortable walking distance of most lodges, but should you need a "lift", Aspen has many taxis, limos, and hotel courtesy vans that provide service to and from the airport and around town. The Roaring Fork Transportation Authority (RFTA), our local bus service, also provides routes between Aspen and Snowmass, extending to other Roaring Fork Valley communities, including Basalt, El Jebel, Carbondale, Glenwood Springs and beyond. Call for rates and times: 970.925.8484.
Recreational Vehicles (RVs)
Some important things to know if you are bringing your rig to Aspen:
- Trailers or motor homes over 35 feet in length are prohibited from traveling on Highway 82 over Independence Pass.
- The City of Aspen prohibits visitors from sleeping in vehicles, including RVs.
- Day parking for RVs can be found at Rio Grande Park in the carpool lot, or on Monarch Street.
- There are several campgrounds in the area that can accommodate modestly sized RVs.
- For more information, visit http://www.aspenpitkin.com/Departments/Parking. For more detailed information, call the Parking Control Department at 970.920.5267.